I have machined down some joiners that join the straws for the load and little plugs for the ends of the straws because they are full of sand for weight.
I also made this vessel load for the gondola. It is made from 2 pieces of PVC pipe and was turned so one fit inside the other and was also filled with sand for weight. The gondola is scratch built and is one of the cars I used for my NMRA AP Cars. The car is light because it is built from styrene and had no room for weight.
I also built the water tanks for these 2 cars from metal which also helped to add weight. This means the part can be custom made to fit the project. The 2 cars are also scratch built AP cars.
I also managed to build a reasonable pot belly stove for this boom car. This is another car built for AP.
Milling weights and motor mounts for some of the brass locomotives is something that will also be very handy. I has also already come in handy for household projects.
As I do more projects I will add future posts on this topic.