So the first task was to change the the direction of the siding at Lorlie. Prior to this change the sidings at Lorlie and Foster faced opposite directions. I moved the switch from the right side of the picture to the space on the left side. The elevator will also need to be moved. Since I glue my track down with Weldbond white glue I just had to wet it and then pry out the switch. The switch is laying at the back in 2 pieces, I then took out the ties on the left for the switch to go back in. Because the track is on a curve it worked out that I could reuse the same switch by having the divergent become the main line and I was also able to use some of the same rail .
With the switch and siding changed (The following procedure for texture is what I use everywhere) I ballasted the main from Lorlie down to Foster. I used screened sand for the ballast. Once the ballast is in place I spray it with ( 10% of 70% alcohol + 90% water) Once wet I dribble on the glue. I used my card stock E Class station to see exactly where it will sit and have laid down some boards where the crossing will go. I also added the dirt to the outside of the right of way.
Looking at the middle of the picture below around the outside edges of the dirt there was a change of height from where the pieces of foam meet. To create the transition I tape the joint first with masking tape and then add very fine sand, wet it and glue it. While it is wet I sprinkle dirt on top of the sand. The reason for this is that sand is very easy to work with even if it is an inch deep or more. When the glue dries the sand is very solid. If I tried the same thing with dirt it would be hard to ever get it wet enough so that when you add the glue it doesn't ball up and run and deeper applications of dirt will crack as it dries but the sand never does this. The dirt has also been added to the rest of the inside of the curve. I use this same technique to make my road crossings.